On the November 4th 2019 Cwmbran New Town turned 70. “C70” is our shorthand working title for the project to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the signing of the designation bringing the New Town into being.

After much wrangling and discussion Lord Lews Silkin’s signature on Nov 4th 1949 which meant work could start. Very soon after the Cwmbran Developmewnt Coorporation appointed it’s first president T.W.Huxley and on 3rd March 1950 he in turn appointed General Rees as it’s first General Manager.